Development Department) - Szczecin
Vortex Energy is a 100% subsidiary of Vitol, and is a leading renewable energy company in Poland. To date, it has delivered over 400 MW of operational renewable generation capacity in wind and solar and has a development pipeline of over 3 GW. Vitol will initiate construction of over 120 MW of PV solar and onshore wind projects in the next 12 months and plans to deploy $1 bn of capital over the next 5 years into renewables in Poland and expand the business into the wider region.
This is Vitol’s first major investment in renewable power in Europe and is aligned with its strategy of investing in the energy transition and growing its sustainable business activities. It is expected that Vortex will grow to become Vitol’s renewable energy investment platform in Central Eastern and South Europe.
Overview of Vitol
Vitol is a leader in the energy sector with a presence across the spectrum: from oil through to power, renewables and carbon. It trades 7 million barrels per day of crude oil and products, and charters around 6,650 ship voyages every year.
Vitol’s clients include national oil companies, multinationals, leading industrial and chemical companies and the world’s largest airlines. Founded in Rotterdam in 1966, today Vitol serves clients from some 40 offices worldwide and is invested in energy assets globally including: circa 16mm3 of storage across seven continents, 480kbpd of refining capacity and more than 6,500 service stations across Africa, Australia, Asia, Brazil and Europe. Vitol has committed $1.5bn to renewable investments over the last number of months and has 1,200 MW in operation across US and Asia. Revenues in 2021 was in excess of $279bn. For more information please visit: https://www.vitol.com/
Our people are our business. It is our people’s expertise, innovation, drive and relationships that develop and grow our business. Talent is precious to us and we create an environment in which we believe individuals can reach their full potential, unfettered by hierarchy.
Vortex has a flat, meritocratic organisational structure, which encourages an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, with everyone primarily focused on delivering results, and delivering them efficiently and safely while maintaining strong and talent enabling team culture.
You will be working with the Project Development Department and Field Department, and will be responsible for selection, verification and analysis of land for its suitability for RES/photovoltaic projects.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
· Preparation of layouts and spacing of photovoltaic farms, taking into account current regulations and market standards;
· Supporting the project managers of the solar development department in the preparation of graphic documentation and concepts for the location and layout of photovoltaic projects based on CAD software, for the purpose of seeking environmental, zoning and building approvals;
· Preparation of energy yield analysis in PVsyst, 3D models in collaboration with electrical engineers;
· Contact with public administration units in the coordination of procedures regarding planning documents;
· Examination and ensuring consistency of planning documents with investment assumptions;
· Preparation of documentation on the basis of applicable regulations, e.g. the law on spatial planning, environmental protection, energy law;
· Analysis of zoning decisions, buildings permits, Zoning and Master Plans.
Qualifications and Experience
· University degree preferred in spatial management, geography, surveying or related fields;
· At least 2 years of professional experience in spatial planning;
· Ability to work with maps, especially in GIS and CAD;
· Knowledge of legislation relating to spatial planning;
· Ability to assimilate new knowledge in different fields (technical issues, legislation);
· Independence, commitment, ability to work in a team, creativity, communication skills;
· Knowledge of PVsyst software would be an additional advantage;
· English language skills.
· Strong analytical skills;
· Great attention to detail ;
· Able to work under pressure, meet deadlines and multi-task in a fast-paced environment;
· Highly motivated and able to flourish in a high-commitment environment - we are looking for a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit;
· Humility: Humble, down-to-earth and eager to learn;
· Enthusiastic and willing to contribute wherever it is needed;
· Results oriented, disciplined, able to synthesize detailed information;
· Team player, with an open non-political style and a high level of personal integrity;
· First-class communicator.