Senior Project Manager -Independent Power Producer (IPP)
Are you a project manager with strong experience in leading and managing multidisciplinary project teams through the various stages of design and delivery phases of a major civil construction / Energy projects?
If so, take this chance to join an organisation with potentially the UK’s largest project pipeline. Our client are a fully integrated Independent Power Producer who develop, build, own and operate. Their expertise is built around balancing the UK’s power grid. This is done with Battery Energy Storage (Standalone and co-located with sizable renewable generation), Fast-response (Peaking plants run historically on natural Gas but now on Biofuels, Hydrogen or a blend), Pumped Storage Hydro and Hydrogen (Production and Storage).
As the Senior Project Manager, you will manage the delivery of new build Pumped Storage Hydro assets totally 1.5 GW’s playing a key part in the UK’s push to net zero.
- Lead the strategic project engagement functions, including early contractor involvement, value engineering, head contract tendering process & execution.
- Responsible for key aspects of project activities which will include reference design development, programme development and tracking. Construction delivery, and commissioning of generating assets. Within the allocated project scope, time, and budget.
- Ensure monthly project deliverables are completed, including delivery plans, status reports, cost reports.
- Manage project budget and project programme for successful delivery
- Lead value engineering, constructability analysis and critically review design and documentation to maximise outcomes
- Managing the delivery phase of projects through effective Contract Administration and Superintendent services
- Leading projects and/or work packages on major projects to deliver strong commercial outcomes
- Preparing project, reports, technical reviews, and other deliverables for capital infrastructure projects to a high level of technical excellence
- Resolving commercial, technical issues as they arise and liaising with the project Director to ensure that good outcomes are achieved
- Ensure project specific and statutory requirements are met ensuring all local, national building codes and safety precautions are followed with all issues reported through the appropriate channels.
Skills and Qualifications
- Project Management experience
- Ideally Hydro experience but could also be offshore wind or higher value complex assets.
- Civil engineering background
Reporting to the Project Director, this is the perfect opportunity to play a key role for an exciting company with extensive growth prospect.
If this is you, click apply if you have an up-to-date CV that you are able to share. If not, please drop me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a confidential, exploratory chat.
Senior Project Manager –Independent Power Producer (IPP)