Portfolio Director: Power Markets - Renewable Energy Investment Manager
Our client, a Global Infrastructure Investor are looking to hire a Portfolio Director to take on responsibility for the risk management and hedging strategy for a multi-GW portfolio of Onshore/Offshore Wind, Solar PV, and BESS.
The successful Portfolio Director will lead the development of a risk management system to support the value realisation from existing assets and help inform decision making for new investments. With this in-house capability, you will take an active role in utilizing Power Purchase Agreements (PPA’s) to appropriately de-risk exposure, support the development of financial hedging strategies, input into wider risk and opportunity actions.
Portfolio Director – Key Requirements
- Energy Trading environment experience
- Relevant experience in management of wholesale energy market risk, actively utilising products in the market to de-risk merchant generation asset exposure.
- Experience in management of merchant risk for renewable & flexible capacity assets
- Preference for advanced financial modelling skills (asset return linked to trading strategy)
- Experience in UK Power Markets
- Structuring and Originating PPAs (beneficial)
London based. Strong remuneration potential.
Portfolio Director: Power Markets – Renewable Energy Investment Manager