Lead Electrical Engineer
Would you like real world experience with a company who champion flexible generation projects?
Would you like to be directly involved with the 3GW potential of the Kintore Hydrogen Project?
If Yes then please continue to read…
Location: Hybrid working – typically 3 days a week in Central London and/or Aberdeen, and 2 days a week home office with occasional travel to sites across the UK
Salary: Highly competitive & Negotiable dependant on relevant experience
Providing technical leadership on electrical engineering & on grid engineering issues to the Kintore project team. Undertaking an Owners Engineer role from an electrical point of view, providing review of electrical design work undertaken by initially FEED contractors for the Kintore project, in particular:
- Review of contractor designs and calculations
- Earthing designs
- Fault levels
- Grid studies – P28, G5/4, grid code compliance, load flow analysis
- Providing high level specification of electrical equipment (with technical input from specialist designers) - Transformers, switchgear etc & representing the company in meetings with ESO, suppliers and on site.
Lead Electrical Engineer should have some or all of the following skills:
- Excellent knowledge of 400kV substation design
- Excellent knowledge of electrical safety rules up to 400kV
- Knowledge of power plant construction
- Ability to liaise with ESO and DNOs to manage and optimise the design and delivery of grid connection offers
- AutoCAD 2D
- 3D CAD Design
Experience & Qualifications needed:
- Building relationships with both offices based and site-based teams
- Chartered electrical engineer
- MEng in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Member of IET or any other equivalent national or intl. professional organisations
Does this sound like the next opportunity for you? Click apply if you have an up-to-date CV that you’re able to share. If not, please drop me an email at email@example.com to arrange a confidential chat. I look forward to hearing from you!