Senior Project Manager -Independent Power Producer (IPP)
Are you a project manager with EPC/principal contractor experience looking for a new challenge?
If so, take this chance to join an organisation with potentially the UK’s largest project pipeline. Our client are a fully integrated Independent Power Producer who develop, build, own and operate. Their expertise is built around balancing the UK’s power grid. This is done with Battery Energy Storage (Standalone and co-located with sizable renewable generation), Fast-response (Peaking plants run historically on natural Gas but now on Biofuels, Hydrogen or a blend), Pumped Storage Hydro and Hydrogen (Production and Storage).
As the Senior Project Manager, you will manage the delivery of high value and complex projects playing a key role in turning our client’s pipeline from ready to build to operational.
- Lead the strategic project engagement functions, including early contractor involvement, value engineering, head contract tendering process & execution.
- Responsible for key aspects of project activities which will include reference design development, programme development and tracking.
- Construction delivery, and commissioning of generating assets. Within the allocated project scope, time, and budget.
- Ensure monthly project deliverables are completed, including delivery plans, status reports and cost reports.
- Manage project budget and project programme for successful delivery in accordance with our client’s requirements
- Lead value engineering, constructability analysis and critically review design and documentation to maximise outcomes
- Managing the delivery phase of projects through effective Contract Administration and Superintendent services
- Leading projects and/or work packages on major projects to deliver strong commercial outcomes
- Preparing project, reports, technical reviews, and other deliverables for capital infrastructure projects to a high level of technical excellence
- Resolving commercial and technical issues as they arise, and liaising with the project Director to ensure that good outcomes are achieved
- Ensure project specific and statutory requirements are met ensuring all local and national building codes, and safety precautions are followed with all issues reported through the appropriate channels.
Skills and Qualifications
- Project Management experience with EPC experience/Principal contractor
- Experience delivering energy projects
- Experience delivering high value or complex projects
Reporting to the Project Director, this is the perfect opportunity to play a key role for an exciting company with extensive growth prospect.
If this is you, click apply if you have an up-to-date CV that you are able to share. If not, please drop me an email at email@example.com to arrange a confidential, exploratory chat.
Senior Project Manager –Independent Power Producer (IPP)