Land Acquisition Manager – Clean Energy Independent Power Producer
Land Acquisition Manager / Agent sought by an Independent Power Producer (IPP) who develop, deliver, own and operate large scale complex power generation and energy storage assets across the UK. Their expertise is built around balancing the UK’s power grid.
Their assets consist of battery energy storage (standalone and co-located with sizable renewable generation), fast response (peaking plants run historically on natural gas, but going forward, on biofuels, hydrogen or a blend), pumped storage hydro and hydrogen (production and storage). Our client have >1.5GW in operation, >1GW in construction and >10GW at advanced stages in their project development pipeline.
Joining the Project Development team, you will play a lead role in the acquisition of land for energy infrastructure projects, predominantly focussing on the emerging opportunities within Green Hydrogen production. You will have the opportunity also to support a wider range of activities within project development; Planning, Grid, Commercialisation +.
Location – The Land Acquisition Manager can balance their time between home and a Scottish office. Some travel to London required.
Land Acquisition Manager responsibilities;
- Coordinating with internal company teams to apply fundamental site criteria (land ownership, resource, access to a grid connection, constructability, etc.) to select prospective project sites
- Directly engaging landowners and land agents to determine interest in project participation
- Co-ordinating with colleagues and external legal counsel to negotiate and execute land options and lease agreements
- Remaining involved with internal teams conducting site assessment criteria including ecological, grid connection, planning etc
Land Acquisition Manager requirements:
- Experience of site identification and of engaging with landowners and land agents
- Experience in initiating and negotiating heads of terms for option agreements
- Familiarity with Scottish land law and ideally experience with Scottish energy projects
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Degree in Building Surveying, Construction Management, Renewable Energy, Town Planning or similar (nice to have but not required)
On offer is a challenging position with a well-placed IPP looking at the full spectrum of Renewable Energy and Energy Storage segments. Please share your CV with Mint selection for immediate review.
Land Acquisition Manager – Independent Power Producer