Vortex Energy is a 100% subsidiary of Vitol, and is a leading renewable energy company in Poland. To date, it has delivered over 400 MW of operational renewable generation capacity in wind and solar and has a development pipeline of over 3 GW. Vitol will initiate construction of over 120 MW of PV solar and onshore wind projects in the next 12 months and plans to deploy $1 bn of capital over the next 5 years into renewables in Poland and expand the business into the wider region.
This is Vitol’s first major investment in renewable power in Europe and is aligned with its strategy of investing in the energy transition and growing its sustainable business activities. It is expected that Vortex will grow to become Vitol’s renewable energy investment platform in Central Eastern and South Europe.
Overview of Vitol
Vitol is a leader in the energy sector with a presence across the spectrum: from oil through to power, renewables and carbon. It trades 7 million barrels per day of crude oil and products, and charters around 6,650 ship voyages every year.
Vitol’s clients include national oil companies, multinationals, leading industrial and chemical companies and the world’s largest airlines. Founded in Rotterdam in 1966, today Vitol serves clients from some 40 offices worldwide and is invested in energy assets globally including: circa 16mm3 of storage across seven continents, 480kbpd of refining capacity and more than 6,500 service stations across Africa, Australia, Asia, Brazil and Europe. Vitol has committed $1.5bn to renewable investments over the last number of months and has 1,200 MW in operation across US and Asia. Revenues in 2021 was in excess of $279bn. For more information please visit: https://www.vitol.com/
Our people are our business. It is our people’s expertise, innovation, drive and relationships that develop and grow our business. Talent is precious to us and we create an environment in which we believe individuals can reach their full potential, unfettered by hierarchy.
Vortex has a flat, meritocratic organisational structure, which encourages an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, with everyone primarily focused on delivering results, and delivering them efficiently and safely while maintaining strong and talent enabling team culture.
You will be working with the Development Directors and Commercial Director and will be responsible for delivering financial modelling and investment analysis for renewable energy projects. This will include for new investments and for existing projects at different lifecycle phases (development, construction & operations). For existing projects, you will assist in business plan preparations, including budgeting and forecasting. For new investments you will be key member of the deal team during due diligence processes, execution and sell-down phases.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
• Providing initial investment review and screening of prospective investment opportunities
• Building, running and maintaining detailed financial and valuation models
• Support in business plan preparation (budget, economics, forecasting), market and deal analytics
• Creating presentations for investment proposals and other purposes
• Delivering first class analysis, insight and research on potential investment opportunities
• Coordinating and conducting due diligence on prospective investment opportunities
• Assisting in structuring and executing of transactions
• Interfacing with and managing external stakeholders (deal partners/sellers/consultants/lawyers etc)
• Monitoring existing portfolio companies
• Supporting senior colleagues as required
Qualifications and Experience
• Ideally, postgraduate degree in a technical / financial discipline with an outstanding academic record
• Experience working in renewables, energy or infrastructure investment space is a preference
• A minimum of 4 years’ experience in a top-tier global financial institution, private equity fund or renewable energy fund, ideally focusing on the energy space across the value chain – notably in renewables, grid, power generation, EV and mobility space (ideally cross the spectrum of renewables technologies: onshore wind, offshore wind, solar PV, hydrogen or battery storage).
• Strong quantitative, analytical skills, excel and power point capabilities
• Experience in industry due-diligence, economic modelling and financial modelling
• Participation in investment banking or accounting training program
• Understanding of global energy markets preferred
• Fluent in Polish and English
• Strong technical and analytical skills
• Great attention to detail
• Able to work under pressure, meet deadlines and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Highly motivated and able to flourish in a high-commitment environment - we are looking for a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit
• Humility: Humble, down-to-earth and eager to learn
• Enthusiastic and willing to contribute wherever it is needed
• Results oriented, disciplined, able to synthesize detailed information
• Team player, with an open non-political style and a high level of personal integrity
• First-class communicator
Market leading remuneration with both short- and long-term incentives are on offer. Please share your CV with Mint selection for immediate review.